MG Exhibition (In association with the M.G. Car Club and the M.G. Owners- Club)MG-s were made in Abingdon for fifty years.The founder of MG was Cecil Kimber, the General Manager of Morris Garages (from which the car takes its acronym). Kimber-s notion was to modify some of the Morris cars to make them more fun and exciting to drive. The idea was a success and production of the cars soon outgrew the company-s Oxford premises. In 1929 a disused factory in Abingdon was chosen to take over production and the name MG was coined. In 1930 the MG Car Company severed its links with Morris.A staircase trail covers the history of MG production, and the exhibition room features photographs of making and racing MGs, prototype model cars, trophies and memorabilia. The MG Room is a taster for a bigger exhibition at the museum next summer, and hopefully for a much larger presence in the museum in the future.Following the popular MG at Speed exhibition held in the main Gallery from May until August, the MG room on the upper floor has now reopened and now displays some different memorabilia, so be sure to visit even if you have been before!!