Classic & Vintage Tyres
This Borrani web site offers vintage and classic tyres from the worlds best tyre manufacturers. Tyres that Borrani would have been fitting in period. Throughout the hay days of Borrani in the 50's and 60's the majority of their excellent wheels would have left Milano to be fitted with vintage tyres like the Pirelli Cinturato, Michelin X, Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet and Michelin XWX that can be shipped world wide at remarkably reasonable prices.
This web site also offers selected tyres that have been developed more recently for use on rare vintage and classic cars such as Avon CR6ZZ and Michelins Pilote X.
Ruote Borrani Wheels
Borrani has a unique relationship with many famous car manufacturers such as the outstanding marques of Alfa Romeo, Maserati and Ferrari. These relationships span a pre and post-war heritage. Today, there are only four surviving brands that are still active, which can freely relate to this relation, these being Pirelli, Michelin, Borrani and indirectly, Shell.
- The Classic Ruote Borrani wire wheels have various advantages and unique selling points which distinguishes them from other wire wheels.
- Originality: Ruote Borrani Milano are OEM supplier of wire wheels for many other famous carmakers like Ferrari, Maserati etc.
- Strength: forged components, polished or painted alloy wheel rims with steel spokes.
- Lightness: Borrani wheels are approximately 25% less the weight of steel wire wheels.
- Quality: hand made in Italy to the highest standards. Every car type has one or more specific wheel designs.
- Looks: polished alloy or painted, which gives more of a quality look than steel wire wheels.
- Delivery: Borrani wheels are bespoke manufactured with a lead time of approximately 6 weeks.
- For more information on the Borrani wheels you require please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vintage Car Tyres
When it comes to finding tyres for your venerable old car, it is critical to select a tyre of the appropriate carcase structure and design that will flatter the handling and appearance of your vintage car. The choice of select tyres offered on this site can be found from the links to Michelin, Avon, Dunlop & Pirelli. However probably the best way to find the best choice of vintage tyre is to enter your car into the drop down lists at the top of the page where we will show you the tyres we recommend for your vintage car. (or ring 00 44 1302 711123)
Modern car tyres will not help the handling of a vintage car. Period tyre is designed to work hand in hand with the geometry of an old car; where as more modern tyres are developed to enhance the handling of very different vehicular design. which will numb the handling and take away the progressive handling while at the same time make the steering of a vintage or classic car heavy and less predictable.