AUTOCAR TO SUPPORT THE 125th ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF THE LONDON TO BRIGHTON RUN
The world’s oldest car magazine celebrates major motoring milestone of 1896 with the world’s longest running motoring event
Two of the world’s greatest motoring institutions are uniting to honour the 125th anniversary of the famous Emancipation Run. It was on a wet Saturday 14 November 1896 that a group of intrepid early motorists set off from London to Brighton to celebrate the passing into law of the Locomotive on the Highway Act.
Twenty four months after the curtain came down in 2019, the world’s biggest retro racing has bounced back in record breaking style.
Fuelled by two years of pent up demand, the three day festival staged at Silverstone, the home of British motor racing, has attracted both record ticket sales and record grids.
Kicking off three days of epic track action, Friday’s non-stop programme featured more than ten hours of exciting qualifying sessions, setting the all-important grid positions for the weekend’s packed programme of 21 star-studded races. Adding to the challenge, many of these sessions were staged on a tricky damp Grand Prix circuit
FULL STEAM AHEAD FOR THE LONDON CLASSIC CAR SHOW
• Victorian motoring icon to celebrate public freedom in symbolic style
• Unique Salvesen Steam Car to blow its top at Syon Park
• Lighting up the event’s central ‘Evolution of Design’ theme
• Advance tickets on sale offering significant savings for those buying now
......... mit Kunstdrucken, Uhren und Whisky
Jaguar-Designer haben aus Anlass von 60 Jahren E-Type eine Reihe exklusiver Geschenke für Sammler und Liebhaber der Marke entworfen. Die „Jaguar E-Type 60th Anniversary Collection“ umfasst Kunstdrucke, T-Shirts und 1:18-Modelle, welche an die beiden im März 1961 auf eigener Achse von Coventry nach Genf gefahrenen Messeautos erinnern.
MIGHTY WITH MINI COOPER CELEBRATES 60 YEARSRACES AT THE CLASSIC 2021
• Double header showdowns to honour pocket-rocket icon
• Milestone tribute for sixties racing and rallying legend
• Latest addition to best-ever ‘Greatest Hits’ line-up of retro races
• Tickets still available at launch prices with full refunds offered should UK government guidelines prevent spectator access